As a homeowner, ensuring the safety and functionality of your garage door is crucial. One of the best ways to ensure your garage door is in good working order is to schedule regular safety inspections. In this article, we will discuss the importance of regular garage door safety inspections in Los Angeles, common issues found during inspections, the benefits of regular inspections, how to choose the right inspection company, and what to expect during a garage door safety inspection.
Common Issues Found during Garage Door Safety Inspections in Los Angeles
During a garage door safety inspection, a professional will check for a variety of issues, including worn or broken springs, misaligned or damaged tracks, faulty opener or remote, loose or rusty hardware, and an improperly balanced door. These issues can cause accidents, injuries, and damage to your garage door, and it’s important to address them as soon as possible.
Benefits of Regular Garage Door Safety Inspections
Regular garage door safety inspections can prevent accidents and injuries, prolong the life of your garage door, ensure smooth and reliable operation, improve energy efficiency and identify potential security risks. By scheduling regular inspections, you can catch small problems before they turn into larger, more costly issues.
How to Choose the Right Inspection Company in Los Angeles
When choosing a company for your garage door safety inspection in Los Angeles, it’s important to look for a company that is certified and experienced. You should also look for a company with a good reputation and positive customer reviews. Additionally, check the availability of emergency services, pricing, financing options and proper insurance coverage.
What to Expect During a Garage Door Safety Inspection
During a garage door safety inspection, a professional will thoroughly inspect all components of your garage door, lubricate all moving parts, adjust all mechanical parts, test all safety features and provide a comprehensive report of their findings. They will also provide recommendations for any repairs or maintenance that may be needed.
Inspecting a garage door spring can be a dangerous task and it’s recommended to leave it to a professional. However, if you are determined to do it yourself, here are the steps for inspecting a garage door spring:
- Prepare for the inspection: Before inspecting the spring, make sure to disconnect the opener from the door by pulling the red cord located on the opener.
- Check for visible damage: Look for any visible damage on the spring, such as rust, fraying, or cracks.
- Measure the spring: Measure the spring to determine if it’s the right size and tension. Garage door springs come in different sizes and tension levels, and if the spring is the wrong size or has the wrong tension, it can cause problems with the door’s operation.
- Check for balance: Close the garage door and disconnect the opener. Check if the door is properly balanced by manually lifting it up about halfway.
- Check for proper alignment: Inspect the spring for proper alignment. If the spring is misaligned, it can cause uneven stress on the door and can cause the spring to break.
- Lubrication: Lubricate the spring with a silicone-based lubricant to ensure smooth operation and prevent rust.
It’s recommended to have your overhead door inspected at least once a year by a professional. This is important because regular inspections can help identify any potential issues before they become serious problems. The frequency of inspections may vary based on how often you use your overhead door, the environment the door is in and the age of the door.
Regular garage door safety inspections are crucial for ensuring the safety and functionality of your garage door. By understanding the common issues found during inspections, the benefits of regular inspections, how to choose the right inspection company, and what to expect during an inspection, you can take steps to ensure your garage door is in good working order. If you haven’t scheduled Master Garage Door Services in Los Angeles recently, it’s important to do so as soon as possible.